This course is a one day 8 hour (or 4 hour) program that introduces participants to techniques required to access and perform basic rescue techniques on communication tower structures. The advanced program takes participants out of the classroom to practice techniques on an actual tower structure.
Advanced Cell Tower Rescue instruction will take place at a communication tower, and covers the following topics:
- Hands-on tower-climbing techniques and equipment
- RF hazard awareness, monitoring, and mitigation
- Anchor selection and systems
- Rescue techniques
- Industry best practices, including the latest equipment and techniques from the work and rescue industries
- Rope Rescue – Operations Level
- Basic Cell Tower Rescue Course (preferred)
Note: Program participants must also provide their own TRT helmet and class 3 harness.