Rope Rescue Technician
This 4 Day program prepares operations level rope rescuers to run complex rescue situations. This program meets the requirements for rope rescue technician levels as defined by NFPA 1670 and 1006. This course is a combination of classroom and hands-on practical training that will ensure participants are adequately prepared to operate at a rope rescue incident. While this course is intended for rescuers already trained to the operations level, this program includes a brief review of operations level skill sets.
Course takes place from 0800 – 1800 each day (Four 10 hour days)
- Understanding NFPA standards
- Understanding of OSHA regulations and ANSI standards
- Advanced rigging concepts
- Understanding forces in rope systems
- Assessing and mitigating hazards on elevated structures
- Advanced rigging systems, including: tripods, bipods, and gin poles
- Knot craft
- Anchoring systems, including load sharing systems
- Rope rescue hardware & equipment
- Mechanical advantage systems
- High-lines, Skate blocks, and tracking lines.
- Raising, lowering, and belay systems
- Ascending and descending on fixed rope systems
- Rope Access equipment use and operation, including MPD, Petzl I’D, and Petzl ASAP
Plainfield Fire Protection District
23748 W. 135th Street
Plainfield, IL 60544
Rope Rescue Operations Level
All required safety and rope access equipment is provided by Elevated Safety.