Fall protection covers how to identify where and when fall protection is required, creating fall protection and what type of equipment and instruction is needed to meet objectives. We currently offer two levels of this training.
See full course details below for more information.
- Fall Protection – Authorized User
- Fall Protection – Competent Person
COURSES HOSTED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH NIPSTA
- Fall Protection Authorized User (9/27/22): Register for this course through NIPSTA.
FULL COURSE DETAILS
Fall Protection -Authorized User
This 8-hour course is intended for employees who may be exposed to fall hazards meeting the requirements of OSHA 1926.503.
- Understanding and identifying fall hazards
- Use and operation of fall protection systems
- Inspection, erection, dismantling, and maintaining systems
- Employee’s role in fall protection
Fall Protection-Competent Person
This 16-hour course is intended for employees who may be exposed to fall hazards meeting the requirements of OSHA 1910.126 & ANSI Z359 (2017).
- Understanding how and when to use fall protection
- How to calculate fall distances and choose appropriate safety equipment
- Understanding and application of OSHA’s fall protection standards and ANSI’s recommendations
- Utilizing fall protection equipment
- Understanding fall arrest vs. fall restraint
- Basics of suspension trauma
- Rescue and retrieval of a fallen worker
- Customized workplace specific hazards, equipment, and policies
- Roofing and Scaffolding work
- Building Construction
- Structural Engineering & Inspecting
- Theater & Production Rigging
- Communication Tower Climbers & Erectors
- Window Washers
- NDT Technicians
- General Facility Maintenance