Confined Space Rescue (NFPA)
These courses cover confined space rescue skills in accordance with NFPA standards and are designed for fire/rescue personnel who may need to perform confined space rescues.
See full details of Elevated Safety Courses below.
- Confined Space Rescue Awareness
- Confined Space Rescue Operations
- Confined Space Rescue Technician
COURSES HOSTED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH NIPSTA
- Confined Space Recsue Technician: October 2 – 5, 2023 (Register on the NIPSTA website) – SOLD OUT
Upcoming Courses (See Full Courses Calendar)
Sorry, no upcoming courses scheduled at this time.
If a course is sold out, contact email@example.com to be placed on the waitlist.
FULL COURSE DETAILS
CONFINED SPACE RESCUE AWARENESS
This is an 1-day course for the worker tasked with entering and operating in confined spaces. This course covers confined space safety in accordance with OSHA 19101.46 and is designed for workers who may operate in confined spaces such as HVAC vents, boilers, pits, silos, tanks etc.
- Identifying and controlling hazards,
- Atmospheric monitoring
- SCBA training and vertical rope access plus
- Non-entry rescue
- Understanding the evaluation and implementation of rescue plans
CONFINED SPACE RESCUE OPERATIONS
This is a 5- day course for the rescue professional who may serve as a member of a technical rescue team or will be responsible for responding emergencies in confined spaces. This course is compliant with NFPA 1006/1670 objectives to the operations level.
- Federal and state regulations
- ANSI and NFPA standards
- Atmospheric monitoring
- Rigging essentials and retrieval operations
- Safe entry procedures
- Scene management and effective patient packaging
- Variety of rescue evolutions in IDLH and non-IDLH simulated environments
CONFINED SPACE RESCUE TECHNICIAN
This is a 4-day course is designed for the rescue professional who has previously attended Rope Rescue and Confined Space Rescue Operations as well as Hazardous Materials Operations. This course is compliant with NFPA 1006/1670 objectives to the confined space technician level. This course is eligible for hazardous materials refresher hours with the Illinois State Fire Marshal.
- Will expand on knowledge acquired in confined space operations
- Advanced knowledge for rescue rigging
- Confined space entry and rescue procedures
- Understand interface between hazardous materials and the confined space rescue scene
Confined Space Rescue Operations
- HVAC industry
- Boilers Maintenance
- Fire Rescue
- Structural Engineering & Inspecting
- Brewing tank and silo maintenance
- NDT Technicians