These courses cover confined space skills in accordance with OSHA and NFPA standards and is designed for workers and rescuers who may operate in confined spaces such as HVAC vents, boilers, pits, silos, tanks and other hazardous confined space.
See full details of Elevated Safety Courses below.
- Confined Space Awareness
- Confined Space Operations
- Confined Space Technician
COURSES HOSTED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH NIPSTA
- Confined Space Entrant (10/20/21): Register for this course through NIPSTA. – SOLD OUT
- Confined Space Entrant (3/29/22): Register for this course through NIPSTA.
- Confined Space Operations (5/3 – 5/6/22): Register for this course through NIPSTA.
- Confined Space Technician (5/31 – 6/3/22): Register for this course through NIPSTA.
- Confined Space Operations (9/19 – 9/22/22): Register for this course through NIPSTA.
- Confined Space Entrant (9/28/21): Register for this course through NIPSTA.
- Confined Space Technician (10/3 – 10/6/22): Register for this course through NIPSTA.
FULL COURSE DETAILS
CONFINED SPACE AWARENESS
This is an 1-day course for the worker tasked with entering and operating in confined spaces. This course covers confined space safety in accordance with OSHA 19101.46 and is designed for workers who may operate in confined spaces such as HVAC vents, boilers, pits, silos, tanks etc.
- Identifying and controlling hazards,
- Atmospheric monitoring
- SCBA training and vertical rope access plus
- Non-entry rescue
- Understanding the evaluation and implementation of rescue plans
CONFINED SPACE OPERATIONS
This is a 5- day course for the rescue professional who may serve as a member of a technical rescue team or will be responsible for responding emergencies in confined spaces. This course is compliant with NFPA 1006/1670 objectives to the operations level also meets ITRA Level 1 Confined Space criteria.
- Federal and state regulations
- ANSI and NFPA standards
- Atmospheric monitoring
- Rigging essentials and retrieval operations
- Safe entry procedures
- Scene management and effective patient packaging
- Variety of rescue evolutions in IDLH and non-IDLH simulated environments
CONFINED SPACE TECHNICIAN
This is a 4-day course is designed for the rescue professional who has previously attended Rope Rescue and Confined Space Operations as well as Hazardous Materials Operations. This course is compliant with NFPA 1006/1670 objectives to the confined space technician level. Students attending will also receive a certificate of completion from the International Technical Rescue Association (ITRA) for Confined Space Level 1 and Level 2. This course is also eligible for hazardous materials refresher hours with the Illinois State Fire Marshal.
- Will expand on knowledge acquired in confined space operations
- Advanced knowledge for rescue rigging
- Confined space entry and rescue procedures
- Understand interface between hazardous materials and the confined space rescue scene
Confined Space Operations
- HVAC industry
- Boilers Maintenance
- Fire Rescue
- Structural Engineering & Inspecting
- Brewing tank and silo maintenance
- NDT Technicians