Rope Rescue Technician
This 4 Day program prepares operations level rope rescuers to run complex rescue situations. This program meets the requirements for rope rescue technician levels as defined by NFPA 1670 and 1006. This course is a combination of classroom and hands-on practical training that will ensure participants are adequately prepared to operate at a rope rescue incident. While this course is intended for rescuers already trained to the operations level, this program includes a brief review of operations level skill sets.
Course takes place from 0700 – 1800 each day (Four 11 hour days)
- Understanding NFPA standards
- Understanding of OSHA regulations and ANSI standards
- Advanced rigging concepts
- Understanding forces in rope systems
- Assessing and mitigating hazards on elevated structures
- Advanced rigging systems, including: tripods, bipods, and gin poles
- Knot craft
- Anchoring systems, including load sharing systems
- Rope rescue hardware & equipment
- Mechanical advantage systems
- High-lines, Skate blocks, and tracking lines.
- Raising, lowering, and belay systems
- Ascending and descending on fixed rope systems
- Rope Access equipment use and operation, including MPD, Petzl I’D, and Petzl ASAP
Rope Rescue Operations Level
Contact Elevated Safety with any questions on prerequisite training
All required safety and rope access equipment is provided by Elevated Safety.
Interested students may purchase the Rope Rescue Techniques: Principles and Practice Manual here. Purchasing the book is not mandatory, however it is the reference material for the Illinois Rope Rescue Operations and Rope Rescue Technician classes.
NIPSTA Member Discount
NIPSTA member training officers receive $200 off. To receive the discount, contact Claudia Woods at NIPSTA (email@example.com) for the discount code.
Customer Cancellation and Refund Policy
All cancellations must be made in writing to Kallie.firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations cancelled prior to 15 days before the start of the course are not subject to a cancellation fee. Registrations canceled 14 to 8 days before the start of the course shall be charged 50% of the course fee. Cancellations 7 or fewer days before the start date of the course will be charged the full course fee. All fees will be processed on the start date of the course.